MAY 2011 PRIMARY, PARTS 1 & II (FINAL
The May 2011 Fellowship Examinations of the West African College of Surgeons (WACS) will be held at the University College Hospital, (UCH), Ibadan, Nigeria, and Korle Bu Teaching Hospital (KBTH), Accra, Ghana from 6 –18th May, 2011
The Primary Examination will now HOLD IN THREE CENTRES as follows:
- University College Hospital UCH ,Ibadan, Nigeria.
- National Centre for Women Development Centre Abuja, Nigeria.
- Korle-Bu Teaching Hospital, (KBTH), Accra, Ghana.
- National Orthopaedic Hospital, Enugu Nigeria.
- Connaught Hospital, Freetown, Sierra-Leone
The Primary Examinations will hold on FRIDAY 6TH- MAY 2011 FOR ALL FACULTIES
- Candidates applying to sit the Primary Fellowship examinations must be Medical Practitioners who are fully registered in Nigeria, Ghana, Liberia, Sierra Leone and The Gambia, and who have acquired at least one year post-registration experience.
- Candidates applying to sit Part 1 Fellowship Examinations must have passed the Primary Examination of the West African College of Surgeons or its equivalent and satisfactorily completed appropriate years of residency training as prescribed by the relevant Faculty.
- Candidates applying to sit Part II (Final) Fellowship Examinations must have passed the Part I Fellowship Examination of WACS and worked in their specialty for at least another two years, in an accredited institution. Further details are available in the Prospectus of the College. The new College Prospectus is available for sale at the College Secretariat. Candidates who are required to submit casebooks should do so with their application forms.
- Primary Examination - N25,000.00
- Part I Examination - N32,000.00
- Part II (Final) Examination - N48,000.00
MODE OF PAYMENT
All Payments should be made at any UNITED BANK FOR AFRICA PLC (UBA) into Account No. 00900310000212 in the name of “WEST AFRICAN COLLEGE OF SURGEONS”.
THE COLLEGE SHALL BEAR NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR PAYMENT INTO ANY OTHER ACCOUNTS, NO CASH PAYMENT AND NO REFUND WILL BE ENTERTAINED.
Candidates must indicate their names in the Teller Column ‘Paid By’
Candidates should write their Faculty and Part of the examination on the duplicate teller and submit a copy of this teller with their Examination Application Form to the College Secretariat either in person or by Courier.
Application forms are available from WACS Secretariat in Yaba, Lagos and WACS Accra Office..
Application forms can also be downloaded and printed from the College website:www.wacs-coac.org
ALL APPLICATION FORMS MUST BE ACCOMPANIED WITH “DOCUMENTS INCLUDED CONTROL FORM” WHICH COULD BE DOWNLOADED FROM THE WEBSITE ALONG WITH THE APPLICATION FORM .
Submitting altered or falsified documents to the West African College of Surgeons may be sufficient cause for the College to bar you from an examination to terminate your participation in an examination, to withhold and/ or invalidate the results of an examination, to withhold award of the Fellowship of the College, to withhold the certificate, to revoke a certificate, or to take other appropriate action. The WACS will report findings of irregular behavior to the Medical & Dental Council of the Country where the candidate practices, to other Postgraduate Medical Colleges in the West African Sub-region and to any other Organizations or individual who, in the judgment of WACS, has a legitimate interest in such information.
DEFERMENT OF EXAMINATION AFTER APPLICATION IS NO LONGER ACCEPTABLE
For Part 1 examination in Dental Surgery, Obstetrics & Gynaecology and Surgery Primary only candidates who performed satisfactorily in the written papers would be allowed to proceed with the rest of the examinations.
The closing date for the submission of completed application forms is January 31st, 2011. Candidates for the Part II (Final) Examination must have submitted their dissertations by the closing date. In Obstetrics and Gynaecology case books must have been submitted at least 6 months before the date of examination(i.e at the commencement of the previous examination) and accepted at least six weeks before that date.
PENALTY FOR LATE SUBMISSION IS N10,000.00 FOR THE FIRST WEEK AND N20.000.00 FOR THE NEXT ONE WEEK (ALL APPLICATIONS CLOSE ON THE 15TH FEBRUARY 2011)
All Application forms must be submitted with;-
Copy of Bank Teller – Primary/Part I/Part II (as indicated above)
Case Books/Dissertations – Part II (Anaesthesia, Dental Surgery, Obstetrics & Gynaecology)
Relevant certificates and Log Books (Parts I & II)
Evidence of training since passing Primary and Part I
3 stamped self addressed envelopes
Candidates should indicate their e-mail addresses and their Telephone numbers on their application forms.
NB: PRIMARY EXAMINATIONS IN ALL FACULTIES IS NOW MCQ ONLY
CLEMENT C. NWAWOLO FWACS
West African College of Surgeons